A Swift Trip to Rome

Photo courtesy of Popsugar
Taylor Swift & Tom Hiddleston (swoon!) payed a brief visit to the Eternal City this week. Here is how to (almost) follow in their footsteps.
They checked in to the Hotel de Russie - a fabulous choice if I may say so. Maybe they sampled one of the newly refurbished Picasso or Popolo suites or perhaps the top floor Nijinsky suite, but even the lowlier rooms benefit from the soothingly classic designs of Olga Polizzi.
Amongst the many stellar features of this hotel, the Secret Garden has to be the star.


The garden was designed by Valadier, who was also responsible for Piazza del Popolo, and is an oasis in the city. I've no doubt Taylor & Tom will have enoyed a romantic dinner here amongst the pine trees & white roses.


For lesser mortals you can still soak up the atmosphere with a cocktail in the courtyard (still expensive but oh so worth it!)


Taylor & Tom enjoyed a 45 minute private tour of the Colosseum. To ensure you get the best out of your visit, pre book an underground & third tier tour here 


I'm not sure where the couple chose for lunch but if I had their disposable income I would have chose Aroma at Palazzo Manfredi. The food is sublime & the view unsurpassable.


Not only do you view the Colosseum but the school where the gladiators trained.


The following day the couple took a helicopter flight over Vatican City. You can achieve almost the same views by climbing to the top of the dome of St Peter's - more effort I know.......but look at these views.




Finally, Taylor & Tom were seen having breakfast near Piazza Navona. Again I don't know where they ate but my choice would be Coromandel. a mere 5 minute walk from the piazza. Whilst I love cornetti (& maritozza even more) sometimes you just need eggs. Coromandel do this and so much more, all served by such lovely people.


Personally I think that Taylor & Tom missed a trick. With so short a time, taking a tour with Scooteroma would have been an investment. They would have seen so much more, in the company of delightful people and on an iconic Vespa.
Whatever, I hope that the magic of Rome worked its spell and that they will return.